DSA Quality Assurance Guide

Disabled Students Allowances (DSA’s) are government grants that Deaf students receive along with their other finances to cover additional costs resulting from their disability. DSA’s can pay for specialist equipment or non-medical helpers (NMH) for example, Sign Language Interpreters.

SDCA Communication Service are able to provide Sign Language Interpreter’s for students claiming DSA. All of our Sign Language Interpreters are registered with NRCPD (National Register of Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deafblind People), they have a valid and current DBS and hold valid Professional Indemnity Insurance. Our rates are shown below (CLICK TABLE BELOW TO ENLARGE) :-

If you are currently in receipt of DSA or you are about to start University and would like to discuss booking a Sign Language Interpreter please contact us by :-

Text – 07885 913225

Email – communication@sdca.co.uk

Fax – 0121 580 3088